Monday, October 5, 2009

We're Having Pancakes


Sunday was my morning to wake up with the kids. Mom and I trade off each day of the weekend so we can sleep in at least one day. Before Mom woke up I decided to make some waffles for the family. Alyce is a HUGE fan of pancakes and goes crazy whenever she gets them. While I was mixing up the batter for the waffles Alyce continued to ask me if we were having pancakes. I tried to explain to her that we were having waffles but she would have none of it.

As breakfast was approaching I asked Alyce if she could go upstairs and tell Mom that we were having waffles. She ran out of the kitchen, through the living room, and up the stairs. The story continues as Mom told me is that she heard Alyce running up the stairs. Alyce then flies open the door, says "We're having pancakes!", and starts to close the door to go back downstairs. Mom asks for Alyce to come in and give her a good morning kiss which she does then hot foots it back down stairs. As Alyce is going down the stairs she says back up the steps "come downstairs Mommy" and then Mom replies, "I'm coming!"

Alyce comes running back into the kitchen in to my waiting arms for a big hug, said "Mommy's coming", and I thanked Alyce for giving Mom the message. Once the waffles were served Alyce finally did start referring to them correctly as waffles but she would say "wassles" instead. Alyce ended up eating 1 1/2 of waffles and a glass of orange juice before leaving the table to go play with some toys.

0 comments on "We're Having Pancakes"

Post a Comment

Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out
 

Alyce's World Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez