Saturday, September 12, 2009

My Friend


Something neat is happening with Alyce. She is starting to have friends. A few days ago I was moving some retaining wall blocks into the backyard for a project. While I am doing this Mom was taking Luke for a walk and Alyce was hanging out with me. Coming back up the street with Mom was a girl from down the street, Rachel. I told Alyce that someone was here to see her. Alyce then ran to the front yard and said "my friend". Alyce continued to say "hi friend" a few times and we eventually got Alyce to refer to Rachel by her first name. Alyce and Rachel played with each other for a while then Rachel got bored and went off to do something else. A day later, yesterday, Rachel and some others were back and played for a while in front of the house.

What is neat about all of this is that Alyce has turned the corner from parallel play to group or cooperative play. I'm not sure when all this happened but it is pretty neat.

0 comments on "My Friend"

Post a Comment

Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out
 

Alyce's World Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez