Sunday, September 13, 2009

Helping Daddy Out


This weekend I started working on a retaining wall in the backyard.  This required me to dig up the backyard.  Naturally Alyce was interested in what I was doing.  After I was finished using some tools Alyce wanted to give them a try herself.


While Alyce didn't drive the stake into the ground any deeper it was totally cute seeing her use my mallet.  In addition to her wanting to help me with my tools she had lots of questions for me well more like stating the obvious.  She would say things like "daddy digging hole?", "big pile of dirt.", and "what doing daddy?".  She also would walk across all of the old stepping stones that I had removed.  I set them up to the side for her because it kept her attention and out of trouble.  As I was finishing up today Alyce had her sippy cup outside and on the ground near my pile of dirt.  It fell over and the straw fell into the dirt getting dirty.  Alyce looked on in disbelief then said "Oooh Nooo my cup".  It was cute.


0 comments on "Helping Daddy Out"

Post a Comment

Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out
 

Alyce's World Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez