Friday, October 28, 2011

Dentist


Last week Alyce had her first visit with the dentist. A moment in any child's life that strikes fear into their soul. Well that is how I remember it as a kid. About six months ago Alyce went with Mom while she got her teeth cleaned. She went along just to see how the whole process went so that she would have some experience to draw when it was her turn.

Now 6 months later is was her turn. The visit went very well.  The hygienist went through every tool telling her what they did. He gave each tool a name and said what they did. The name I liked most was for the straw. He called it Mr. Thirsty.

The visit was fairly routine and no cavities were found. We were told that we should continue to help Alyce brush her teeth until she could point to Europe on a map. Next time they are going to do fluoride treatments. I hope that's been improved since I was a kid. That gunk was nasty and seemed to go everywhere.

Alyce came home with all sorts of swag like a toothbrush and toothpaste. Went I caught up after work she was  proud of herself. It probably helped that I asked her lots of questions and told her how proud of her I was. Later in the week when I told the hygienist how proud she was of herself he gave me some more goodies to reinforce the positive experience.

0 comments on "Dentist"

Post a Comment

Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out
 

Alyce's World Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez