Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Barbie Girl


Alyce has taken to singing along with songs while riding in the car. Her favorite song is "Barbie Girl" by the band Aqua. This song was a big hit in 1997 just after Mom and I graduated high school.  The song is pretty benign in that it doesn't have any questionable lyrics however there is a wink wink an a nudge on one of the lines of the song.

There is a line in the song where the singer Lene Nystrøm Rasted says "undress me everywhere". Now in relation to a Barbie I can see where you are playing with the Barbie and it's all clean. Throw your mind in the gutter and well you get the drift.

I went to all of the trouble explaining that because Alyce doesn't get the lyrics. In her mind she thinks they are saying "rescue everywhere" and sings along the same. So last week on the way home I'm driving the car and Alyce is signing along and says "rescue everywhere" like normal. After that she breaks from the song and asks me if she can rescue everywhere. Of course I'm not going to correct the lyrics for her so I say "sure". Alyce ponders that for a second and then says "I bet she is a super hero". Between bouts of laughter I agree that "yes, yes she probably is".

I love kids. I love the innocence. I love how they will ask a question regardless of how ridiculous it is and not worry about being made fun of. It's too bad they can't keep it forever.

In closing I present "Barbie Girl" by Aqua


0 comments on "Barbie Girl"

Post a Comment

Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out
 

Alyce's World Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez