Thursday, July 15, 2010

Strep


Last week Alyce was having some health issues.  Not to be too graphic she was having some minor bleeding in her underwear.  We thought it might be a U.T.I. and made an appointment with the doctor to get it checked out.

The doctor took a look at Alyce and she was pretty sure Alyce had strep throat and possibly could have strep in her private areas.  What is pretty cool is that they can do strep tests in the doctors office while you wait.  The results from the quick test are mostly accurate and they still send tests off to a big lab for confirmation.  Well two tests later and one surprised doctor later Alyce had a double case of strep.

Mom got a prescription for some antibiotics and they were on their way.  This is Alyce's first case of strep throat.  Such an infection makes me think back to my childhood where my mom would push my tongue down with the end of a spoon while shining a flashlight in the back of my mouth.  We didn't need to do that with Alyce and I'm glad she didn't have anything major.

1 comments on "Strep"

Elizabeth Frick on July 15, 2010 at 9:17 PM said...

Poor Alyce! I hear that there's a pretty rough strain of it circulating right now. Hope she feels better soon!

Post a Comment

Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out
 

Alyce's World Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez