Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Missing My Daughter, My Daughter Missing Me


For the past week and a half I have been working on the guest bathroom in our house. I am doing some updates to get it ready for Alyce to use by herself and for the new baby. The changes being made aren't really important but this project has consumed all of my free time. Sadly that free comes at the expense of spending time with Alyce. I need to do this work outside of her sleeping times because my sanding and banging would keep her up. Mommy doesn't like tired babies. I can't say that I am a fan either.

I am missing Alyce, missing sitting in the living room with her and playing with the marble track, wooden train, and legos. I still get her lovely personality, typically in the form of her saying "daaaaadeeee" from the bottom of the steps while I am standing at the top of them. Mom has been great in my absence. She has been getting Alyce changed at night and brushes her teeth. I just have to spend a few minutes singing lullabyes and put Alyce to bed.

Mom and I can tell Alyce is missing me too because as of late Alyce has been very affectionate. When I get home she wants to be picked up whereas she used to just give me a hug and the go back to playing. Last night when it was time for her to go to bed she gave me an extra long hug. This morning I stayed at home a bit late because of some snow and Alyce sat in my lap while she played with some blocks.

I am almost done with the project. In the end I think it will all be worth it. So fear not big girl your dad will be back to his old self very soon.

0 comments on "Missing My Daughter, My Daughter Missing Me"

Post a Comment

Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out
 

Alyce's World Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez