Friday, June 19, 2009

Lullaby


Mom and I only have one lullaby we sing for Alyce and Luke. It is a song we heard long ago while in college. It is called the Cuppy Cake song. It is short and sweet and really works its magic at getting Alyce to settle down for bed. I sing it twice while tucking Alyce into bed after we've read our two books. When tucking in Alyce I pull the sheets up like a parachute and let them drift down back on her.


When we read to Alyce at night we have one random book and one standby. The standby book is what Alyce refers to as the Sister Book but is really I'm a Big Sister by Joanna Cole. Sister book is a book we read to her about a new baby coming and her being a big sister. I think it really eased the addition of Luke to the family. We've read this book to her so many times both Mom, Alyce, and I know the book by heart. The random book can be any of the books in her collection. The hardest read is Fox in Sox by Dr. Suess. If you haven't picked that up in a while give it a look it is torture on the tongue. The easiest read is when she wants to look at a book that has 10 pages and counts to 10. Mom and I really enjoy reading books to Alyce and I think she gets a lot out of it too.

0 comments on "Lullaby"

Post a Comment

Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out
 

Alyce's World Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez